|VFW membership eligibility consists of three criteria:|
This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact the National Personnel Records Center at 314-801-0800 or online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/ to request more information.
If a veteran’s DD-214 or other military documentation confirms they have been awarded one of these campaign medals and they have served honorably, then they are eligible for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- China Service Medal
- American Defense Service Medal
- European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal
- American Campaign Medal
- Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
- Army of Occupation Medal
- Navy Occupation Service Medal
- Korean Service Medal
- Navy Expeditionary Medal
- Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal
- Vietnam Service Medal
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Southwest Asia Service Medal
- Kosovo Campaign Medal
- Combat Infantryman Badge
- Combat Medical Badge
- Combat Action Ribbon
- Air Force Combat Action Medal
- Combat Action Badge
- SSBN Deterrent Patrol Insignia
- Korea Defense Service Medal
- Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon WITH GOLD BORDER
- Korea Duty (Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days)
- Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay
For any questions regarding VFW eligibility, please contact the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-JOIN-VFW (564-6839) for assistance.
You must be logged in to post a comment.