Here’s the Form – due to the Quartermaster by Nov 22.
I ran across this organization recently, for your consideration as one we might offer support to as a post.
I personally know and served with the CEO, Jamie Medina, his story is on the website
Here are some points I thought pertinent after reviewing the information:
- Veteran suicide is a huge problem right now, and conventional methods of treating it don’t always work.
- No one at the FIX’D organization takes a salary right now. It is 100% volunteer.
- Plans are to grow and become a self supported charity with paid employees
- They have plans to create a presence in Washington, at JBLM, later this year.
- 97% Success Rate
Here are some documents for your review:
- FIX’D Strategic Plan and Overview
- Charity Navigator Profile – June 2019
- Tax Board Cert of Status 2018
- 2016 Taxes
- California Statement of Information – 2016
- California Statement of Information – 2018
- FIX’D Articles of Incorporation
- FIX’D Articles of Incorporation – Amended
- 2018 P&L
- IRS Tax Exemption – 2017
Having an adequate supply of blood on hand saves many of lives. Please help serve your community by donating your blood today.
Denali Credit Union. 19802 62nd Ave. S, Kent, WA 98032
This is just one block South of the main cross road South 196th street and 2 blocks West of West Valley Road.
Make it a fun outing. Bring a friend and/or family member with you.
Instructions for donating Blood.
Be sure to eat well before giving blood.
Drink plenty of non-caffeinated fluids.
Bring picture ID.
The times will be:
If they like they can also just sign up as a walk –in:
PROJECTED EVENTS SCHEDULE FOR 2019 REVISED
- MARCH 20, TO MARCH 23, – MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- APRIL 6TH ROAD CLEAN UP. START AT 0900
- APRIL 20TH OUTBOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- APRIL 22ND WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT
- AS MANY VOLUNTEERS AS POSSIBLE . THE MORE THE MERRIER.
- MAY 1, TO MAY 4, 2019- MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- MAY 4, 2019 KENTUCKY DERBY EMERALD DOWNS
- 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
- RACE TIME 3:46 PM
- MAY 18 2019 OUTBOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- MAY 20 2019 WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT
- AS MANY AS POSSIBLE – THE MORE THE MERRIER
- MAY 25 MAY 26 WALMART POPPY AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- 10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- HOLIDAY MONDAY NOT AVAILABLE
- JUNE 16TH EMERALD DOWNS INDIAN RACES
- 10:00 TO 3:00 PM POST TIME 2:00 PM
- AUGUST 4, EMERALD DOWNS CORGI RACES
- 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
- POST TIME 2:00 PM
- AUGUST 11 EMERALD DOWNS LONG-ACRES MILE
- 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM POST TIME 2:00 PM
- SEPT 1 AND SEPT 2, 2019 LABOR DAY WEEKEND
- WALMART POPPY MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PM OR GETTING DARK TIME
- SEPT 18, TO SEPT 21, MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- SEPT 21, 2019 OUTBOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- SEPT 23, 2019 WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT
- NEED AS MANY AS POSSIBLE MORE THE MERRIER.
- OCTOBER 19TH 2019 OUT BOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- OCTOBER 21ST WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT.
- AS MANY VOLUNTEERS AS POSSIBLE. THE MORE THE MERRIER.
- OCTOBER 23,2019 TO OCTOBER 26, 2019 MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- NOVEMBER 9TH ,10TH ,11TH VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
- 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PM GETS DARK QUICK
- MIGHT BE JUST 9 AND 10 OR 10 AND 11 WAITING FOR
- OK FROM WALMART HR.
Here are the honor flight dates for 2019 – they are also on the Post Calendar
More information to follow
MEMBER: VFW POST 6785 (KENT MERIDIAN) LEVEL: LEGACY LIFE MEMBER /GOLD
VFW QUAL: US ARMY 1972-1979–ARMED FORCES EXPEDITIONARY SERVICE MDL , KOREAN SERVICE MDL
CURRENT VFW DISTRICT & POST OFFICER ASSIGNMENT:
DISTRICT 11 COMMANDER (2ND TERM)
POST COMMANDER 6785 (3RD TERM)
POST HONOR GUARD (TAHOMA NATIONAL MONTHLY *) 2014-PRESENT
POST VA HOSPITAL VISITATION & BINGO SERVICE (MONTHLY-2ND SUNDAY AFTERNOON)
(HONOR FLIGHT NW SEND OFF & GREET (4X A ANNUAL PERIOD) WW2/KOREA/VIETNAM (SEA-TAC)
POST JR. VICE COMMANDER (2 TERMS), POST SURGEON, DISTRICT 11 SR. VICE COMMANDER.
ALL AMERICAN POST COMMANDER (2016-2017)-MY POST ACHIEVED THIS WITH OUTSTANDING EFFORT!
ALL STATE POST COMMANDER (2 AWARDS)—MY POST ACHIEVED THIS WITH OUTSTANDING EFFORT!
NATIONAL AIDE-DE-CAMP (2017-2018)
MILITARY ORDER OF THE COOTIE
- 4A VARSITY COACH FOOTBALL—KENTRIDGE HS –22 YEARS-ACTIVE
- 4A VARSITY COACH TRACK (CO-ED) KENTRIDGE HS -20 YEARS-ACTIVE
- CHURCH MISSION TO ST. MARYS , OMAK SERVING ELDERLY VETERANS ANNUAL (JULY)
- 33RD LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT CHAIRMAN , 4 TERMS.
EMPLOYED: THE BOEING COMPANY—39 YEARS—ACTIVE
WHAT IN PART SHOULD THE DEPARTMENT SURGEON DO?
WE WHO ARE CALLED TO SERVE VETERANS AND PROVIDE AID AND COMFORT, STAND GUARD OVER THE HEALTH AND WELFARE OF ALL VETERAN COMRADES. ARMED WITH UNDERSTANDING OF THE MYRIAD OF VETERANS ISSUE, THEIR PLIGHT, THEIR PAIN AND THEIR NEED WE IN THE VFW WILL NOT FAIL THEM. WE DO THIS WITH AN ABIDING CHEER; DEDICATION TO THE PREMISE THAT ALL VETERANS DESERVE AN ADVOCATE ARMED WITH CHARITY OF HEART & STEADFAST DETERMINATION THEY WILL NOT GO UNHELPED, UNAIDED, UNSERVED WITHIN THEIR SIGHT. WE MUST ALWAYS STRIVE FOR THIS TO BE OUR GOAL, THE END TO ALL WE DO ON BEHALF OF ALL VETERANS.
“IT IS VETERANS WE SERVE !! “