PROJECTED EVENTS SCHEDULE FOR 2019 REVISED
- MARCH 20, TO MARCH 23, – MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- APRIL 6TH ROAD CLEAN UP. START AT 0900
- APRIL 20TH OUTBOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- APRIL 22ND WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT
- AS MANY VOLUNTEERS AS POSSIBLE . THE MORE THE MERRIER.
- MAY 1, TO MAY 4, 2019- MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- MAY 4, 2019 KENTUCKY DERBY EMERALD DOWNS
- 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
- RACE TIME 3:46 PM
- MAY 18 2019 OUTBOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- MAY 20 2019 WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT
- AS MANY AS POSSIBLE – THE MORE THE MERRIER
- MAY 25 MAY 26 WALMART POPPY AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- 10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- HOLIDAY MONDAY NOT AVAILABLE
- JUNE 16TH EMERALD DOWNS INDIAN RACES
- 10:00 TO 3:00 PM POST TIME 2:00 PM
- AUGUST 4, EMERALD DOWNS CORGI RACES
- 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
- POST TIME 2:00 PM
- AUGUST 11 EMERALD DOWNS LONG-ACRES MILE
- 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM POST TIME 2:00 PM
- SEPT 1 AND SEPT 2, 2019 LABOR DAY WEEKEND
- WALMART POPPY MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PM OR GETTING DARK TIME
- SEPT 18, TO SEPT 21, MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- SEPT 21, 2019 OUTBOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- SEPT 23, 2019 WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT
- NEED AS MANY AS POSSIBLE MORE THE MERRIER.
- OCTOBER 19TH 2019 OUT BOUND HONOR FLIGHT NEED 6 VOLUNTEERS
- OCTOBER 21ST WELCOME HOME HONOR FLIGHT.
- AS MANY VOLUNTEERS AS POSSIBLE. THE MORE THE MERRIER.
- OCTOBER 23,2019 TO OCTOBER 26, 2019 MAYTOWN COFFEE REST STOP
- NOVEMBER 9TH ,10TH ,11TH VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
- 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PM GETS DARK QUICK
- MIGHT BE JUST 9 AND 10 OR 10 AND 11 WAITING FOR
- OK FROM WALMART HR.
Here are the honor flight dates for 2019 – they are also on the Post Calendar
More information to follow
MEMBER: VFW POST 6785 (KENT MERIDIAN) LEVEL: LEGACY LIFE MEMBER /GOLD
VFW QUAL: US ARMY 1972-1979–ARMED FORCES EXPEDITIONARY SERVICE MDL , KOREAN SERVICE MDL
CURRENT VFW DISTRICT & POST OFFICER ASSIGNMENT:
DISTRICT 11 COMMANDER (2ND TERM)
POST COMMANDER 6785 (3RD TERM)
POST HONOR GUARD (TAHOMA NATIONAL MONTHLY *) 2014-PRESENT
POST VA HOSPITAL VISITATION & BINGO SERVICE (MONTHLY-2ND SUNDAY AFTERNOON)
(HONOR FLIGHT NW SEND OFF & GREET (4X A ANNUAL PERIOD) WW2/KOREA/VIETNAM (SEA-TAC)
POST JR. VICE COMMANDER (2 TERMS), POST SURGEON, DISTRICT 11 SR. VICE COMMANDER.
ALL AMERICAN POST COMMANDER (2016-2017)-MY POST ACHIEVED THIS WITH OUTSTANDING EFFORT!
ALL STATE POST COMMANDER (2 AWARDS)—MY POST ACHIEVED THIS WITH OUTSTANDING EFFORT!
NATIONAL AIDE-DE-CAMP (2017-2018)
MILITARY ORDER OF THE COOTIE
- 4A VARSITY COACH FOOTBALL—KENTRIDGE HS –22 YEARS-ACTIVE
- 4A VARSITY COACH TRACK (CO-ED) KENTRIDGE HS -20 YEARS-ACTIVE
- CHURCH MISSION TO ST. MARYS , OMAK SERVING ELDERLY VETERANS ANNUAL (JULY)
- 33RD LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT CHAIRMAN , 4 TERMS.
EMPLOYED: THE BOEING COMPANY—39 YEARS—ACTIVE
WHAT IN PART SHOULD THE DEPARTMENT SURGEON DO?
WE WHO ARE CALLED TO SERVE VETERANS AND PROVIDE AID AND COMFORT, STAND GUARD OVER THE HEALTH AND WELFARE OF ALL VETERAN COMRADES. ARMED WITH UNDERSTANDING OF THE MYRIAD OF VETERANS ISSUE, THEIR PLIGHT, THEIR PAIN AND THEIR NEED WE IN THE VFW WILL NOT FAIL THEM. WE DO THIS WITH AN ABIDING CHEER; DEDICATION TO THE PREMISE THAT ALL VETERANS DESERVE AN ADVOCATE ARMED WITH CHARITY OF HEART & STEADFAST DETERMINATION THEY WILL NOT GO UNHELPED, UNAIDED, UNSERVED WITHIN THEIR SIGHT. WE MUST ALWAYS STRIVE FOR THIS TO BE OUR GOAL, THE END TO ALL WE DO ON BEHALF OF ALL VETERANS.
“IT IS VETERANS WE SERVE !! “
Merry Christmas! Members of VFW Post 6785 spent Christmas morning passing out Christmas gifts and visiting hospitalized veterans at the Seattle VA hospital.
This is an annual event we look forward to every year and is one of the many ways we the VFW help veterans and giving back to the community.
Here is the Belt Buckle RC referenced at the last meeting – and a picture of the truck of the driver who donated it.
While working at the Maytown Rest Stop on September 20th, a gentleman by the name of Bill Kale stopped in for a cup of Java. Great guy and we struck up an interesting conversation which at the end he said “just a minute, I have something for you.” He went to his truck and came back with this belt buckle and presented it to me. He is a member of the VFW and I believe it was post 6875 or something close to that in California.
Since I was working on behalf of our VFW Post, I feel that it is only proper that every member of our Post should have an equal opportunity to have this belt buckle. For that reason, I want to Auction it off with proceeds going to our National Childrens’ Home. I hope we have a spirited Auction with many competing for the prize. Dig deep Comrades…….